Sunday, January 30, 2011

Post 1: Technology Backround and Expectations for CEP 416

Technology is intimidating to me. I am proficient in the basics such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and web browsing. But newer technology not so much. I mean I just got a Facebook last year, and it wasn't until last semester that I found out that my MAC had free apps (I think this is what their called) such as Imovie and Garage Band. However, since I came to MSU, my teachers have become increasing more technologically inclined. From the use of Angel Live Chat, to uploading documents on Angel, to using illuminate to have a virtual class, and using blogger to post homework, I have gotten to use many different forms of technology with successes and failures. Failures such as not saving, or not copying the text and pasting it into a word document and my text gets erased! I guess is where my expectations for this class come in. My hope with CEP 416 is that I learn about how to use and be proficient many of the new technologies out there. I’m glad that this class acts like a filter in showing me ‘the best stuff’ the world wide web has to offer so that I can utilize it in the future school I work in. I also glad that this class is a place where I ask an expert about the technology I am using, so I can make the most of the free stuff I am working on. Lastly, my hope with this class is that a year from now when I am interviewing for my first teaching job, I will be able to wow my interviewer with all of my knowledge of how to make technology accessible in the classroom and schools for teachers and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment